- Passport and exit visa regulations in Uzbekistan
- Political perspectives of Gulnara Karimova
- S &P evaluated the industry and country risks of the banking sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan Seeks to Reinvigorate Its Diplomatic Clout in the Region
- Cooperation between Johns Hopkins and the Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil Society, Uzbekistan
- Central Asian Republics Welcome New US Approach Toward Region
- A Lament for Aylan Kurdi: No child is somebody’s child
- Three Russians arrested in Uzbekistan for creating religious sect
- Uzbekistan Refuse To Cooperate with Russia On Security
- Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf passed away
- Russian arms sales to Uzbekistani parties form alliance ahead of presidential election
- Uzbekistan in pictures
- Uzbeks Arrested in US in Alleged Plot to Join Terror Group, Feds Say
- Who is sneakier terrorists or IMF and WTO?
- President Karimov “recovered from coma” and started his election campaign
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: people
Uzbek authorities have for years discouraged the “alien” Valentine’s Day celebrations such as lovers sending cards to each, saying that young people should instead enjoy the poetry of 16th-century regional conqueror Zahiruddin Muhammad Babur. And celebrate his birthday on that … Continue reading
While mass media continues discussion of “president‘s coma“, 77-year-old candidate for another term of presidency presented his program for the next 5 years.
Uzbekistan’s atrocious rights record did not discernibly improve in 2014. Authoritarian President Islam Karimov, who entered his 25th year in power, continued to employ a widespread security apparatus to monitor and crack down on activities of real and perceived opponents.
USA Today: Three Uzbekistan nationals, Nodir Yunusov, 28, Rustamjon Shukurov, 27, and Sandjar Agzamov, 33, are on the ICE list for labor trafficking, which authorities say is harder to detect than sex trafficking.
Muslims of Uzbekistan condemn the cartoons of Charlie Hebdo and the political prostitution of the mass media
Do the cartoonists really care about the problems of our society? What are the roots of the terrorism, radicalism, crime, violence, inequality, poverty, and wars? It does not take a lot of intelligence and wisdom to understand that in “bad … Continue reading
Media and social network users actively discuss the details of yesterday’s joint meeting of both chambers of the Uzbek parliament attended by President Islam Karimov.
Today’s joint session of both chambers of parliament approved Shavkat Mirzijaev candidacy as the Prime Minister of the Republic.
US dollar exchange rate on the “black market” Uzbekistan has grown from 3,420 to 3,750 of Uzbek soums per $ 1. This corresponds to 8% rise in past 10 days. Black market traders, explain the change by the depreciation of … Continue reading
Blogger Alisher Taksanov in his recent publication is is trying to answer his own question: What was the real main purpose of meeting between Karimov and Didier Burkhalter, the President and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Swiss Confederation, … Continue reading
With a training of trainers workshop in Tashkent on 1–6 December 2014, Uzbekistan became the first country to pilot the updated training course materials and methodology. The training was facilitated by the four international experts who authored the updated course: … Continue reading