- Passport and exit visa regulations in Uzbekistan
- Political perspectives of Gulnara Karimova
- S &P evaluated the industry and country risks of the banking sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan Seeks to Reinvigorate Its Diplomatic Clout in the Region
- Cooperation between Johns Hopkins and the Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil Society, Uzbekistan
- Central Asian Republics Welcome New US Approach Toward Region
- A Lament for Aylan Kurdi: No child is somebody’s child
- Three Russians arrested in Uzbekistan for creating religious sect
- Uzbekistan Refuse To Cooperate with Russia On Security
- Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf passed away
- Russian arms sales to Uzbekistani parties form alliance ahead of presidential election
- Uzbekistan in pictures
- Uzbeks Arrested in US in Alleged Plot to Join Terror Group, Feds Say
- Who is sneakier terrorists or IMF and WTO?
- President Karimov “recovered from coma” and started his election campaign
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: society
Uzbekistan’s atrocious rights record did not discernibly improve in 2014. Authoritarian President Islam Karimov, who entered his 25th year in power, continued to employ a widespread security apparatus to monitor and crack down on activities of real and perceived opponents.
Muslims of Uzbekistan condemn the cartoons of Charlie Hebdo and the political prostitution of the mass media
Do the cartoonists really care about the problems of our society? What are the roots of the terrorism, radicalism, crime, violence, inequality, poverty, and wars? It does not take a lot of intelligence and wisdom to understand that in “bad … Continue reading
Today Uzbek television broadcasted recording of Islam Karimov speech at the first meeting of the Senate. Meeting itself was of a procedural nature. However, something that worth mentioning in particular, is evaluation that president Karimov gave to the events that … Continue reading
The news of the nomination of Karimov for president became a hit on Uzbek Facebook groups. For the first three hours after the announcement of the nomination of Islam Karimov from the Liberal Democratic Party as a candidate for president of … Continue reading
As reported via social networks; on January 6th Uzbekistan State Custom warehouse suddenly stopped processing and clearing of parcels and mail arrived in the country via private mail couriers such as DHL, FedEx, Atlantic Express.
Originally posted on Stop Making Sense:
Cora Currier reports for The Intercept: ‘U.S. and Israeli companies have been selling surveillance systems to Central Asian countries with records of political repression and human rights abuse, according to a new report by…
Originally posted on Dear Kitty. Some blog:
This video from the USA says about itself: Obama Does Nothing Despite Horrifying Torture Report – #NoFilter 11 dec. 2014 This clip is from The Point with Ana Kasparian. … The Senate Intelligence…
NATO completes a 13-year military mission in Afghanistan. The International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan (ISAF) will haul down its flag in Kabul. It will be replaced by the banner of a new mission called Resolute Support («strong support”), which … Continue reading
As reported by UZ24, with reference to daryo.uz, surveillance cameras will be installed on 160 intersections of the capital. They will monitor compliance with traffic rules by drivers of cars.
Cooperation between Johns Hopkins and the Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil Society, Uzbekistan
Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil Society (IIMFCC), reported on 22th of December about meeting with Dr. Wojtek Sokolowski the Professor of the John Hopkins University Center for the Civil Society Studies.