In the evening of March 10 in Tashkent, a prominent scientist of the Islamic world, the famous ulama Shaykh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf died of a heart attack.
Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf was born on April 15, 1952 in Bulakbash district of Andijan region.
He studied at such prestigious of Islamic institutions as the madrassa “Mir Arab” in Bukhara, Tashkent Islamic Institute, the Libyan Islamic university.
During many years of his life, Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf worked at Tashkent Islamic Institute and at Department of Muslims of Central Asia and Kazakhstan. He has devoted recent years to spiritual, educational and publishing activities.
Sheikh is the author of numerous religious treatises related to aqeedah, studing the Quran and the hadith, Islamic Fiqh, as well as dealing with some issues of religious subjects. Among them are: “The Sunni aqeedah”, “Usul al-fiqh ‘,’ Ulum al-Quran,” “Religion – instruction”, “Vasatyya – a way of life”, “Islam and Ecology”, “Can you believe in the existence of Allah (On Faith) “and many others. Some of these works have been translated into other languages.
Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf was a member of several prestigious organizations in the Islamic world. In particular:
– Co-founder and member of the Board Secretary of the World Union of Muslim Ulemas – the largest independent organization of Islamic scholars;
– Members of the Constituent Council of the Muslim World League in Mecca (“Rabitatul-Alam al-Islami”);
– Member of the Presidium of the World Association of tasawwuf;
– Member of the Royal Academy of Islamic Thought (Jordan);
– Member of the Scientific Council of the World Islamic University in Islamabad;
– Member of the World Association of mosques.
In connection with the death of Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf, the Committee for Religious Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan expressed condolences to his family and friends.