- Passport and exit visa regulations in Uzbekistan
- Political perspectives of Gulnara Karimova
- S &P evaluated the industry and country risks of the banking sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- Uzbekistan Seeks to Reinvigorate Its Diplomatic Clout in the Region
- Cooperation between Johns Hopkins and the Independent Institute for Monitoring the Formation of Civil Society, Uzbekistan
- Central Asian Republics Welcome New US Approach Toward Region
- A Lament for Aylan Kurdi: No child is somebody’s child
- Three Russians arrested in Uzbekistan for creating religious sect
- Uzbekistan Refuse To Cooperate with Russia On Security
- Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf passed away
- Russian arms sales to Uzbekistani parties form alliance ahead of presidential election
- Uzbekistan in pictures
- Uzbeks Arrested in US in Alleged Plot to Join Terror Group, Feds Say
- Who is sneakier terrorists or IMF and WTO?
- President Karimov “recovered from coma” and started his election campaign
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: President
Pro-Karimov parties join forces ahead of presidential vote Two of Uzbekistan’s leading political parties have formed a new coalition, the Bloc of Democratic Forces, that gives them a majority in the 150-seat parliament. Representatives of the Liberal Democratic and National … Continue reading
The government press has not said a word to address speech of the President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov on February 6 at the 7th Congress of the Liberal Democratic Party of Uzbekistan held in Tashkent. National newspapers have not published … Continue reading
Uzbekistan’s atrocious rights record did not discernibly improve in 2014. Authoritarian President Islam Karimov, who entered his 25th year in power, continued to employ a widespread security apparatus to monitor and crack down on activities of real and perceived opponents.
Today Uzbek television broadcasted recording of Islam Karimov speech at the first meeting of the Senate. Meeting itself was of a procedural nature. However, something that worth mentioning in particular, is evaluation that president Karimov gave to the events that … Continue reading
The book by President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov «The global financial-economic crisis, ways and measures to overcome it in the conditions of Uzbekistan» has been published in Tashkent.
Elections of Islam Karimov as the next President of Uzbekistan will be held on 29 March 2015.
The news of the nomination of Karimov for president became a hit on Uzbek Facebook groups. For the first three hours after the announcement of the nomination of Islam Karimov from the Liberal Democratic Party as a candidate for president of … Continue reading
Until now Uzbek president Islam Karimov used to nominate prime minister whose candidacy was then subject to approval by parliament. Reportedly, for the first time in the history of Uzbekistan, the candidacy of the prime minister was nominated by the … Continue reading
Uzbek President Islam Karimov says his country will never join any “alliance similar to the U.S.S.R.” In an apparent reference reference to Russia, Karimov told lawmakers that some countries are trying “to glorify Lenin and Stalin era of the U.S.S.R.” … Continue reading
By Demir Azizov– Trend: The Central Election Commission (CEC) of Uzbekistan adopted a resolution on the formation of 14 constituencies for the presidential election, scheduled for March 29. According to the CEC, the constituencies were formed within the Republic of … Continue reading