- Passport and exit visa regulations in Uzbekistan
- Rise and fall story of "Fergana prince"
- Uzbekistan is in top-50 in the Global Firepower Index ranking
- Results of Vladimir Putin's visit to Uzbekistan (Russian press digest)
- Forbes nominated Alisher Usmanov as the businessman of the year
- Putin against Soros: Russia going after the EU Billions for Ukraine
- GDP of Uzbekistan is equal to GSP of Alaska, but the population is 40x different. What about debt?
- Inflation in Uzbekistan's economy next year will be the highest in the region
- The global financial-economic crisis and Uzbekistan
- Human Rights Watch: No progress in Uzbekistan
- Central Asian Republics Welcome New US Approach Toward Region
- A Lament for Aylan Kurdi: No child is somebody’s child
- Three Russians arrested in Uzbekistan for creating religious sect
- Uzbekistan Refuse To Cooperate with Russia On Security
- Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf passed away
- Russian arms sales to Uzbekistani parties form alliance ahead of presidential election
- Uzbekistan in pictures
- Uzbeks Arrested in US in Alleged Plot to Join Terror Group, Feds Say
- Who is sneakier terrorists or IMF and WTO?
- President Karimov “recovered from coma” and started his election campaign
August 2017 M T W T F S S « Dec 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: news
By: Alexander Kim, The Jamestown Foundation On November 1, the city of Samarkand, Uzbekistan, hosted the foreign ministers of the five Central Asian republics, who met together with US Secretary of State John Kerry in the newly introduced C5+1 format … Continue reading
Eurasia.net: Russia is disappointed in the unwillingness of Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan to cooperate with its collective security bloc, and considers Iran to be a model those countries could follow, a senior Russian security official has said.
In the evening of March 10 in Tashkent, a prominent scientist of the Islamic world, the famous ulama Shaykh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf died of a heart attack. Sheikh Muhammad Sadiq Muhammad Yusuf was born on April 15, 1952 in … Continue reading
Pro-Karimov parties join forces ahead of presidential vote Two of Uzbekistan’s leading political parties have formed a new coalition, the Bloc of Democratic Forces, that gives them a majority in the 150-seat parliament. Representatives of the Liberal Democratic and National … Continue reading
Three New York City men were arrested today on charges they allegedly conspired to join ISIS in Syria, while also trying to carry out attacks on the terror group’s behalf in the United States, the authorities said. The men had … Continue reading
Candidate for President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov met voters in Kashkadarya region. In his program he stressed on importance of consistency in further continuation of the large-scale socio-economic reforms and steady increase of incomes and quality of … Continue reading
An influx of immigrants from Uzbekistan, which has a long history of success in fight sports, have transformed New York’s high school wrestling competition.
Uzbek authorities have for years discouraged the “alien” Valentine’s Day celebrations such as lovers sending cards to each, saying that young people should instead enjoy the poetry of 16th-century regional conqueror Zahiruddin Muhammad Babur. And celebrate his birthday on that … Continue reading
Uzbekistan increased gold production by 4% to 102 tonnes against 98 tones in 2013, said the report of United States Geological Survey.
Khayrullo Khamidov, a renowned journalist and an enlightener in issues of religion, was freed from an Uzbek prison ahead of his scheduled release date. Mr. Khamidov was imprisoned as part of a group of five persons whom the Tashkent Regional … Continue reading